We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Types of Bursaries
The CMA offers three types of bursaries to assist museum professionals in the following areas:
Conference Professional Development
Conference Professional Development bursaries are given out to assist individuals with the costs of travel, accommodation, per diem and registration fees related to both national and provincial museum conferences.
Note: Only travel expenses can be claimed in a Conference bursary application for participation to any CMA conference activity or related symposia.
Emerging Professional Development
Emerging Professional Development bursaries are given out to promote the exchange of knowledge and learning between museum professionals at the beginning of their careers. The program provides financial assistance to individuals to attend short courses, seminars, and workshops.
Mid-Career Professional Development
Bursaries for Mid-Career Professional Development are given out to build new competencies and increase individual and institutional performance. Bursaries are provided for specialized museum studies at a national or international level, such as specialized courses, seminars, workshops and symposia, as well as professional exchanges that promote continuous learning.