We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Museum Volunteer Award
Awards for Volunteers
The Museum Volunteer Award is a collaboration between the Canadian Museums Association (CMA) and the Canadian Federation of Friends of Museums (CFFM). This award recognizes individuals or groups who generously volunteer their time and commitment to a museum or related heritage institution and have made a significant impact within the museum community.
The nominee for this award is an individual or a group (please note that groups are only eligible for the Museum Volunteer Award) who has demonstrated an outstanding contribution to a public, non-profit museum or related heritage/ cultural institution in a volunteer capacity.
This contribution can be as a member of a volunteer committee, a board of trustees or in another significant way.
The nominee must:
November 15 each year.
Each nominee will be assessed against the following::
The nomination must be supported by someone with individual or institutional membership in CMA or CFFM.
You simply have to complete and submit the nomination form .
The form requires the following information: