Reporting to the Supervisor, Visitor Experience, the incumbent greets, welcomes, collects admission fees and provides the
visitors with information and explanation concerning the Museum's exhibitions, displays, special events, and services;
participates in the provision of emergency security/fire safety services to ensure the security of guests and employees of the
Museum and performs other related duties.
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have successfully completed a secondary school education.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- in dealing with the public;
- in handling cash;
- a valid certificate in First Aid and CPR would be an asset;
- working in a cultural institution would be an asset.
- of the collection and programs of the Canada Aviation and Space Museum;
- of the museum as a cultural institution;
- of aviation in general would be an asset.
- to communicate and work effectively with visitors and colleagues;
- to evaluate situations quickly and take action effectively and ability to exercise good judgement.
Sensitive to client needs
Very good communication skills.
** Please note the employment hours will vary according to availability, seniority and time of year. Casual employees are
expected to maintain their availability during peak periods including weekends, holidays and summer months. During these
peak periods there will be a greater number of shifts offered. **
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2019/2020-INGENIUM-051 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to:
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.