The Visitor Experience Assistant who will ensure that museum visitors have a positive and memorable experience at the museum and will support marketing efforts throughout the summer season. The Visitor Experience Assistant will coordinate with reception and gift shop services, orient visitors to the museum, conduct visitor surveys and research, and assist with program delivery on and off-site.
Work tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Providing exceptional customer service by greeting guests appropriately, orienting them to the museum, and addressing any questions or concerns.
• Coordinating reception and gift shop services by processing admissions and purchases appropriately and accurately.
• Ensuring gift shop inventory is maintained and space is kept clean.
• Ensuring all public areas inside and outside the museum are clean and gallery activities are well maintained.
• Administer and evaluate visitor surveys.
• Create and distribute social media and marketing materials to promote the museum and its summer activities.
• Engaging visitors by sharing the museum’s stories through interactive activities, demonstrations, and tours.
This position is for 8 weeks, 35 hours/week, and will include weekend shifts. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would be a good candidate for this position and how you meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility criteria (link can be found on MOA's web posting) by Thursday, June 20 at 5pm.