The Communications/Facility Rentals Coordinator is responsible for compiling and facilitating the production and dissemination of all marketing and communications materials along with coordinating all activities related to facility rentals and special events for the Woodstock Art Gallery, Woodstock Museum National Historical Site and Woodstock Theatre. In addition the Communications/Facility Rentals Coordinator provides support to activities of the Front Desk which includes Visitor Services, Membership, Gift Shop, Volunteer Management, general administration and building security. Work is performed with a high level of initiative and independence.
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Secondary School graduation diploma or equivalent as determined by the Corporation. Supplemented by courses (diploma or degree preferred) in business/ marketing/ communication practices.
• Two to three years’ experience in an office setting.
• Experience working in a public art gallery, museum or theatre environment, or equivalent.
• Broad knowledge of Marketing and Communications.
• Interest in art, history or theatre
• Excellent typing and computer skills (software: word processing, spreadsheets, database; Photoshop; design software).
• Strong communication skills and organization ability. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work a number of different work styles. Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Strong proofreading and editing skills as well as the ability for attention to detail.
• Excellent customer relations skills required.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
1. Provides communications and marketing support for all activities of the Art Gallery, Museum, Theatre (Exhibitions, Education, Collections, Shows, Special Events, Fundraising, Gift Shop, and Membership).
a) Under the direction of the Cultural Management Staff and within clear parameters executes a communications strategy and accompanying time line for all activities undertaken by the Art Gallery, Museum and Theatre;
b) Compiles and proofs copy and images for the development of marketing materials;
c) Liaisons with graphic designers, printers and other industry professionals in the undertaking of the production of marketing materials;
d) Disseminates marketing materials via determined appropriate channels;
e) Under the direction of the Cultural Management Staff and within clear parameters executes advertising buys and media sponsors;
f) Updates phone message system, website, Facebook, and other social media platforms along with external community calendar listings;
g) Under the direction of the Cultural Management Staff drafts and disseminates press releases to media outlets;
h) Undertakes follow up calls with media and facilitates media requests;
i) Tracks, copies, files and shares media hits and stories;
j) Coordinates bulk mailings to membership and fundraising prospect lists;
k) Provides general administrative support to the Front Desk such as fielding inquiries from the public, facilitating gift shop sales, class registrations and providing lunch relief as needed;
l) Other tasks/duties as assigned.
2. Coordinates and facilities all activities related to facility rentals and special events.
a) Answers general public inquiries over the telephone, e-mail and in person;
b) Under the direction of the Cultural Management Staff and within clear parameters updates the facility rental policy.
c) Under the direction of the Cultural Management Staff develops and updates a facility rental promotion packet;
d) Provides and collects specific information from renters to include set up requirements, facility rental policies and function requirements;
e) Monitor rentals insuring each group has insurance and is following Woodstock Alcohol policy;
f) Invoices and collects payment for facility rentals;
g) Assists with special events / fundraising coordination;
h) Orders supplies (glasses, tablecloths, plates, cutlery, etc.);
i) Fills out special occasion permits for LCBO;
j) Occasionally solicits, arranges and trains volunteer assistants;
k) Ensures those serving alcohol have smart serve training;
l) Sets up and is present for the duration of all facility rentals and special events and strikes upon completion;
m) Responsible for opening and closing the building;
n) Ensures that appearance of public spaces is maintained at a high standard.
Salary rate is $22.10 - $25.98 per hour as per Schedule "A" of the collective agreement. Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. June 17, 2019.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.