THE CORPORATION OF THE
COUNTY OF WELLINGTON
Wellington County Museum and Archives
The Programme Assistant reports to the Activity Programmer and is responsible for assisting with the planning, delivery, promotion and evaluation of Wellington County Museum and Archives (WCMA) events, festivals, workshops, tours and programmes as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Two year college diploma in museum studies or related field.
• Minimum six months of experience or equivalent in planning, delivering, and evaluating museum programmes, festivals and events.
• Experience overseeing students and volunteers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience working with school groups of all ages.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Ability to function effectively as a team player.
• A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $40,640.60 to $47,483.80 (2019 Non Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #055-19 by Thursday, April 25 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: firstname.lastname@example.org or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.