Assistant Collections Information Manager
Research and Collections
Permanent full-time position
$60,929 to $74,474 per year
Work location : Gatineau, Québec (Aylmer sector)
DUTIES: The position is responsible for:
• Managing the administration of the Collections Management System (CMS) at the procedural and technical levels.
• Assisting in the development, implementation, and oversight of policies and guidelines for best practices in the digitization of natural history collections.
• Providing informatics-related services and advice to Research and Collections staff, and to external partners.
• Disseminating CMN collections data to the research community via established web portals.
• Supervising the Collections Information Technician and the administration of the Digital Asset Management Application (DAM).
OPEN TO: Employees of the Canadian Museum of
Nature and the general public who meet the following qualifications.
*Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and individuals who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor of Sciences degree in biology, biodiversity informatics, or a closely related field, or equivalent training and experience.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: English is essential
• Experience in contemporary museum or natural history collections practices.
• Two years’ of experience in biodiversity informatics and working with distributed databases.
• Two years’ of experience in managing information about scientific collections.
• Experience in project management.SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Canadian Museum of Nature - Human Resources
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State competition NO. CMN-2090-19-OC-012. Statement of qualifications is available by contacting the above e-mail address.
All candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please advise the Human Resources Advisor in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: April 26, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.