TRAVELLING EXHIBITION COORDINATOR
One year limited term contract
The Exhibition Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of travelling exhibitions as well as all activities and programs associated with the exhibitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 3–4 traveling exhibitions per year.
- Conduct research and source new travelling exhibitions for the Joseph Brant Museum.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive exhibition schedule.
- Responsible for all logistics with regards to traveling exhibitions including; contracts, shipping,
insurance, condition reporting and security.
- Monitors exhibition contracts with lending institutions to ensure obligations are met in an
appropriate and timely manner.
- Provide on-site support for the installation and dismantling of exhibitions.
- Conduct and compile research for exhibitions and publications as necessary.
- Develop qualitative evaluations for each exhibition.
- Assist with the production of publicity material related to the exhibition.
- Assist with the coordination of gala events and openings relating to the Museum’s exhibitions.
- Coordinate and source items for the gift shop that relate to the exhibitions.
- Coordinate and facilitate public programming relating to the themes of the exhibitions that will
engage the public and bring in new audiences.
- Degree and/or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of museum and exhibition methods and practice.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- High overall level of computer literacy.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Application Deadline: April 19, 2019 by 4:00pm.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Ireland House Museum, 2168 Guelph Line, Burlington ON, L7S 1C5
*Please note "Travelling Exhibition Coordinator" in the subject line.
The Museums of Burlington thanks all those who apply, but only those applicants selected fro an interview will be contacted.