Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Education and Interpretation Officer, delivers a range of programs, provides interpretation to visitors through
tours, demonstrations and workshops and other related duties. Guides have a wide range of tasks, and may do some, all, or
various combinations of the following tasks as the museum schedule requires .
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you hold at least one year university or college in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Sciences,
Communications, Education, History of Science, Museum Studies, Leisure Studies or an acceptable
combination of education, training and experience.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- Previous interpretation, education or theatrical experience in museums, parks, tourism, schools and /or
related fields is required;
- Experience working with children;
- Must have a valid G class license (or provincial equivalent);
- Farm experience and large animal handling experience is an asset;
- Food handling training certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of agriculture, agricultural history, food science;
- Knowledge of learning theories and interpretive techniques;
- Knowledge of the mandate and the organization of Ingenium.
- Ability to deliver dynamic interpretive and educational programs;
- Ability to simplify complex information about agriculture and to communicate it to diverse audiences;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively in a team situation;
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in both official languages;
- Ability to effectively represent Ingenium in a professional manner.
- Must be empathetic to the needs of visitors
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of initiative and judgement
- Works well without supervision
- Creative problem solver
- Works well with both children and adults
- Effective team player
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2018/2019-CSTMC-109 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date.
** The purpose of this job posting is to create an "active résumé bank" of potential candidates.
Please note that eligible candidates may be called for an interview, at any time, between the posting date and the closing date.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date. Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.