jThe MOA is seeking an experienced and creative exhibit developer familiar with Ontario archaeological heritage. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Exhibit Content Developer will create and deliver knowledgeable and engaging museum exhibits, including a temporary exhibit about the Archaeology of Music in commemoration of London’s hosting of the 2019 JUNO awards. By coordinating with the collections team to select content and the education team to connect with programming, the Exhibit Content Developer will research, create, schedule, install and promote exhibits within the museum and for public outreach. This is a full-time contract until April 30, 2019, with potential for renewal.
• Research, develop, and install museum exhibits (physical, virtual, augmented) that promote the core mission of the MOA.
• Design exhibit layouts and displays with clear and knowledgeable messages, consistent aesthetic, and engaging presentation.
• Create professional graphics, labels, illustrative elements, and digital assets as needed using industry standard graphic design software applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with 3D software applications and 3D physical modelling an asset, but not required.
• Develop complementary promotional content for MOA publications, website, social media, media releases, etc.
• Ensure exhibit areas are clean, well maintained, knowledgeable, and promote standards of quality.
• Adapt and apply new engagement and technology tools to create memorable and interactive exhibit experiences, where applicable.
• Train and supervise work-study students and volunteers assisting with exhibit activities.
• Assist with other museum duties as needed.
• Diploma/certification or at least 3 years of experience in exhibit, interior, or graphic design; museum studies; North American archaeology; project management; or closely related fields.
• Experience with exhibit planning, constructing, supervising, and reporting.
• Ability to research, organize, synthesize, and provide interpretation of archaeological heritage information in a public-friendly format.
• Highly organized and efficient planner, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and design tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation in English with French an asset.
• Self-starter with excellent time-management and communication skills who works well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with musicological principles, marketing, and exhibit promotion.
• Comfortable with audiovisual, computer, and networking technologies.
• Competency with MS Office Suite required and familiarity with PastPerfect an asset.
• An understanding and interest in the application of digital interactive/augmented delivery systems an asset.
• Comfort with power, cutting and mounting tools and other equipment to build and repair labels, mounts, cases and other museum furniture is an asset.
• Requires lifting and carrying; the physical agility to move exhibit cases, check lighting, operate equipment and sharp tools, climb ladders, make minor repairs, etc.; occasional exposure to dust; can involve moderate to long periods of bending, stooping, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling, standing, or sitting.
• Temporary full-time contractual appointment
• Salary will be $3,466.67 per month, less statutory deductions
• Vacation will be paid at 4% per month
• Work hours Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm with some evenings and weekends required
• One-week paid holiday between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Eligible for Attractions Ontario Reciprocal Program benefits
The Museum of Ontario Archaeology is committed to principles of employment equity and inclusivity and to achieving a representative workforce.
Please send a digital cover letter, current resume/CV, and a list of 3 references to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. We appreciate and thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.