Marketing Director – Job ID # 43449
This is an Administrative & Professional position.
This position reports jointly to the Executive Director with a dotted line to the Chief Officer for Advancement & External Affairs.
• Oversees the Marketing department’s daily operations including public relations and media interactions. Interfaces with department stakeholders to ensure the effective marketing of their programs and events. Supervises the design and production of all print and digital collateral, including: Members Magazine; educational materials; exhibition, event, and performance collateral; and advertising, both on-site and external. Compiles, edits, and creates marketing copy and assets in a timely manner, meeting all production schedules and deadlines. Ensures all marketing materials adhere to The Ringling’s brand, style guide, and key messaging.
• Develops a comprehensive annual marketing plan and communications strategy in support of organizational goals and objectives. Directs implementation and execution of the annual plan and communications strategy. Advances The Ringling in a growing digital environment, staying current with emerging technologies and new media. Oversees The Ringling’s website, social media, e-mail marketing, and community outreach. Produces and analyzes metric-based reports, making data-driven decisions to support marketing efforts.
• Develops and oversees The Ringling’s marketing budget and manages allocation of funds.
• Supervises and provides direction for five full-time staff members including hiring, training and performance evaluation. May provide supervision for part-time staff.
• Works collaboratively with Executive and Senior members to ensure effective attainment of strategic goals, objectives, and key messaging. In concert with the Executive Staff and FSU Public Relations serves as member of the crisis management team. Serves as a member of the Museum’s Senior Management Team.
• Foster’s professional relationships with national PR firms, media representatives, vendors /contractors, the community, and potential donors to elevate The Ringling brand locally, nationally, and internationally. This includes active participation in media sponsorship relations.
• Advanced degree in Communications or related field preferred
• Prior supervisory experience
• Project management skills
• Ability to identify best use of various media types (non-print)
• PC skills – Advanced
o MS Office
• Ability to learn new technology
• Database knowledge
o Tessitura – preferred
o Google Analytics
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field + 6 years of related experience.
• Organized, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Ability to make decisions independently in a fast-pace environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Knowledge of current media technology & trends and public relations practices
• Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
If qualified and interested apply at http://bit.ly/RingMarketingDir. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. This position is advertised as open until filled.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.