Reporting to the Director/Chief Curator, the Curator works in partnership with the Director/Chief Curator on the preservation, research, financial and logistical planning, administration and interpretation of the exhibition program and the permanent collection. The successful candidate possesses a thorough knowledge of contemporary art practice, as well as familiarity with curatorial, education and museum practices. This position will supervise education program staff, volunteers and interns to ensure the Audain Art Museum’s (AAM) services are provided effectively and efficiently and with excellence.
• develop, organize and manage the AAM’s exhibition programs
• research, curate and present exhibitions of a national and international level
• identify and oversee the presentation of touring exhibitions from other institutions
• ensure the overall safety and conservation of the permanent collection
• Assist in identifying and acquiring art for the permanent collection
• maintain clear and accurate records of the permanent collection art including all areas of collection and records management
• In collaboration with the Director/Chief Curator prepare all project budgets
• write and oversee the production of catalogues, and assist with communications and educational grants and fundraising materials applicable to the curatorial department
• educate residents and visitors through public lectures, publications and planned docent training
• cultivate and maintain artist, donor, Board, collector and community relations
• recruit, train and supervise contract staff and volunteers to assist with exhibit tear down, exhibit preparation and installation
• supervise and mentor staff, interns and volunteers concerning curatorial and exhibitions related activities
The successful candidate will be required to complete/provide:
• Recent résumé;
• Cover letter;
• 3 recent work related references;
• Applicants must be able to work in Canada;
• Criminal Records Check will be required by the successful candidate.
Applicants are requested to submit a résumé package including a cover letter describing their qualifications prior to 5:00pm on Friday, May, 18, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ALL RESUME PACKAGES MAY BE DIRECTED TO
Brianna Beacom, Acting Director
Subject line: Audain Art Museum: Curator Application May 2018