Gallery 2 in Grand Forks, BC is accepting applications for Visitor Services Representatives for the 2018 summer season. The incumbents will fulfill a vital role in the summer operations of a busy regional art gallery and visitor information centre and will gain valuable work experience.
Job duties include:
• Providing public facing services for a busy public art gallery including reception, visitor information, gift shop, and programming duties.
• Developing and delivering exhibition specific public programs for adults and children. These include daylong summer camp children’s programs as well as scheduled docent tours.
• Working with the gallery collections, assisting with exhibition installation of artworks.
Qualified candidates should:
• Be enrolled in a museum studies, fine arts, tourism and hospitality, or education program, and be return to full time studies in fall 2018.
• Have a good knowledge of and keen interest in contemporary visual art and museum practices.
• Have a proven ability to communicate effectively in English; a second language is an asset.
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe and Past Perfect software would be an asset.
• Be comfortable interacting with people and public speaking.
• Possesses the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Wage is $14/hr, 30 hrs per week May-June and 40 hrs/week July and August. This seasonal position runs from May 14 until August 30, 2018.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 pm PST on April 23, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.