START DATE: March 5, 2018
The Council of Heritage Organizations in Ottawa | Le Conseil des organismes du patrimoine d’Ottawa is seeking a highly motivated and fluently bilingual professional to join its team as a part time Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Outreach Manager, the Communications Coordinator will support the Council by promoting its Members’ and its own events, programs, and initiatives. The ideal candidate is creative and energetic with a keen eye for detail, communicates fluently in both official languages, has an understanding of Ottawa’s heritage and culture scene, and possesses graphic design skills as well as an interest in writing. They will have a proven ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision. The position is a 0.5 FTE (17.5 hours per week). Work will generally occur during office hours, but may require some work during evenings and weekends.
- Take the lead on the Council’s main communications;
- Create content and manage email campaigns from start to finish (Constant Contact);
- Develop and update content on the Council’s website (WordPress);
- Create & manage daily social media content that articulates the value of our services and programs, developing & curating compelling content to entice and engage a wide variety of audiences;
- Assist with content management for the Ottawagraphy|ottawagraphie microsite;
- Attend select Member events and programs, and complete live social media reports;
- Support and assist with the Council’s heritage events, including planning, set up and tear down (Heritage Day, workshops, conferences, AGM);
- Work in partnership with our external partners and firms to develop and implement creative marketing campaigns and deliver promotional materials;
- Actively stay up-to-date on local heritage news;
- Identify innovative ways to enhance communications with our Members;
- Analyze and prepare high-level reports on marketing and communications initiatives with recommendations; and
- Fulfill other duties as may be assigned by the Outreach Manager or Executive Director.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluently bilingual in French and English;
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, arts and culture administration, design or a related field with 3 years’ relevant working experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently in person and in writing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and website development and management tools (using HTML/WordPress);
- Experience in managing various social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, etc. and manipulation of all related analytics, along with strong marketing and social media content/material development skills;
- Proven ability to work simultaneously on several project timelines;
- Ability to prioritize and to work independently and in a team setting;
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure;
- Highly creative, with a passion for Ottawa and Canadian heritage; and
- Experience (volunteer or work) in a not-for-profit organization an asset.
This is a part-time contract position with remuneration of $16.25/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
The Council of Heritage Organizations in Ottawa | Le Conseil des organismes du patrimoine d’Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer, and thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: February 16, 2018.
Please apply with cover letter and resumé to Kimberley Lai, Outreach Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org