We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
■ Join Now
From our Members
The CMA is an important leader in the culture/heritage sector, no matter where you are in the country. We’ve been an institutional member for years and have made invaluable connections that have helped us in numerous ways: from moving our museum to a modern, purpose-built space to expanding the gift shop and developing strong friendships. Knowledge gained at meetings, annual conferences and symposiums helps the cultural community better prepare for the challenges of tomorrow.
Debbie Trueman, General Manager, Nanaimo Museum
It’s more than museums! The Canadian Museums Association is the national organization for the Canadian museum sector, including in its membership not-for-profit organizations that support community development through education. This includes museums, art galleries, science centres, aquariums, archives, historic sites, and zoos to name a few.
All Members enjoy the following benefits:
Become a member today!
Do you work at or with a cultural institution, or offer your time as a volunteer? Perhaps you represent a company that works with museums? The CMA has multiple membership categories tailored to all types of individuals and organizations affiliated with the museum sector.
Learn more and find the membership category that’s right for you:
Gifting a membership? Send the completed PDF registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.