||Educational Programmer Position
Discovery North Bay Museum is hiring Educational Programmers who will be responsible for working with the Director/Curator and Program Coordinator to deliver and update museum programming for current and upcoming exhibits at Discovery North Bay Museum.
This position will run for approximately 11-14 weeks for 30 - 37.5 hours a week at $14.00 an hour.
Description of Duties
• Welcome visitors and conducting tours of museum when requested
• Provide historical and haunted walking tours of downtown North Bay
• Provide customer service by performing reception, cashier, and retail duties in museum gift shop
• Create programming for themed activity days throughout the summer
• Learning and delivering school programs based on current exhibits
• Working with Education Coordinator to plan and run three weeks of camp throughout the summer
• Assist with the development of school programming for future exhibits
• Perform maintenance work as required
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Experience working with children in an educational setting
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and plan effectively
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills
• Post-secondary training in education an asset
• Graphic design experience an asset
In order to be eligible for this position, applicants must meet Canada Summer Jobs and/or Young Canada Works funding eligibility.
Canada Summer Jobs states that eligible candidates:
• are between 15 and 30 years of age;
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
• are legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Young Canada Works states that eligible candidates must:
• Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible;
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW.
• Have been a full-time student (as defined by his or her educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
• Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
*These positions are available subject to the availability of funding from Canada Summer Jobs and Young Canada Works.
Discovery North Bay Museum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.*