||Two Rivers Gallery is seeking a motivated University or College student for the position of BMO KidzArt Dayz Coordinator. The successful candidate will join Two Rivers Gallery’s Programming team, reporting to the Director of Public Programs. The BMO KidzArt Dayz Coordinator will manage the 28th annual KidzArt Dayz, a free two-day celebration of creativity featuring live entertainment and hands-on art activities. This student will organize designated aspects of the event, designing the activities, assisting with promotions, recruiting and training volunteers, etc. During the second half of the placement, this student will also take on the responsibilities of children’s programming, working with sgallery staff to facilitate Creativity Camps (day camps).
The preferred candidate should:
• be creative, innovative and adaptable
• be exceptionally organized
• be studying in the field of fine arts, education or another related field
• have experience working with school-aged children
• have a love of art
• work well in a team
• show initiative, interest and effort
• be fluent in English, with exceptional written and oral communication skills
• have strong computer and research skills
• must be between 16 and 30 years of age
• must be a full time student this semester
• must intend to return to full-time studies in the fall of 2018
Hours: This is a full time, seasonal position: 37.5 hours / week for 18 weeks from May 2 – August 31, 2018. Some evening and weekend work is required. Successful candidate must be available to work June 25 – July 5 to prepare for BMO KidzArt Dayz and July 6 and 7 for the event itself.
Qualified applicants should submit a detailed cover letter, resume and contact information for three references by Friday, March 16, 2018 to:
Twyla Exner, Director of Public Programs
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.