Two Rivers Gallery is seeking a motivated University or College student to design and facilitate exciting and innovative full day art camps for school aged children and teens. Reporting to the Public Programmer, the Creativity Camp Coordinator will manage, design and facilitate full day camps for children ages 6-13. The themed camps offer families full day childcare with an emphases on encouraging creativity through exploration into art and making. This student will also assist with the preparation of materials and activities for the regional outreach program and BMO KidzArt Dayz, a free two-day celebration of creativity.
The preferred candidate should:
• be creative, innovative and adaptable
• be studying in the field of fine arts, education or another related field
• have experience working with school-aged children
• have a love of art
• work well in a team
• show initiative, interest and effort
• be fluent in English, with exceptional written and oral communication skills
• have strong computer and research skills
• must be between 16 and 30 years of age
• must be a full time student this semester
• must intend to return to full-time studies in the fall of 2018
Hours: This is a full time, seasonal position: 37.5 hours / week for 18 weeks from May 2 – August 31, 2018. Some evening and weekend work is required. Successful candidate must be available to work July 5 – 7 for BMO KidzArt Dayz festival.
Please briefly explain how one can apply Qualified applicants should submit a detailed cover letter, resume and contact information for three references by Friday, March 16, 2018 to:
Twyla Exner, Director of Public Programs
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.