Hours: 35 hours / week – weekend and evening work required.
Wage: $14.00 / hour
Ruthven Park National Historic Site is seeking an Audience Development Assistant for the 2018 summer season.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the duties of the successful candidate will include the following:
• interpret the inside and outside of the 1840s Greek Revival Thompson Family Mansion and the picturesque landscape grounds through the delivery of tours to members of the public
• perform collections management to improve conditions for artefacts in the Ruthven Park National Historic Site collection and to enhance audience experience at the site through appropriate changes made to interpretation following collections work
• produce an analysis of the audiences served by the site through gathering demographic information to identify their needs and improve audience experience at the site
• provide museum administration support to full time staff as needed
• deliver an exceptional customer service experience to site visitors
• other tasks as assigned
The successful candidate will be a university or college student who demonstrates the following qualities:
• Good interpersonal communication
• Confident public speaker
• Strong work ethic
• Positive attitude
This position would be ideal for a student studying one or more of the following fields:
• Environmental Studies
Previous experience working in a museum or cultural institution and certification in first aid training are assets, but not required.
Upon hiring, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a police record check.
Please note that this position is contingent upon the receipt of funding.
Apply with a resume and cover letter by Friday, April 20, 2018 at 5:00pm by email to:
Marilynn Havelka, CAO
Ruthven Park National Historic Site
243 Haldimand Highway 54, Box 610
Cayuga ON, NOA 1E)
Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in employment at Ruthven Park National Historic Site.