Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
English (French an asset)
Job Start Date
The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery, Waterloo, Ontario, a searching for an experienced and ambitious
fund development professional. The Development Officer plays a critical role in advancing the Gallery’s
exhibitions and programs.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, collaborative, passionate fundraiser who will raise funds through
annual campaigns, events, and face-to-face fundraising with individuals, foundations, and corporations.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a 2 or 3-day a week position.
- Research prospective donors and sponsors; prepare proposals
- Solicit donations through face-to-face solicitation, annual campaigns, events, etc.
- Organize meetings and tours of the gallery with the Executive Director for prospective donors
- Organize creative and successful fundraising events and original campaigns to solicit donations
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategic plan
- Develop and implement a stewardship plan including prompt and effective donor communication
- Maintain donor database
- Evaluate the success of fundraising initiatives; prepare regular reporting on fundraising targets
- Work closely with senior-level volunteers to assist and promote the Gallery in all aspects of fundraising
- Ensure that all legal reporting is done (for gift processing and tracking)
- Research new grant opportunities & assist in grant writing
- Assist with donation and membership processes
- Be an ambassador of the Gallery
- Other activities as assigned
- 2-5 years of fundraising experience including work with multi-channel annual programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing major ($1,000 - $100,000) gifts and volunteer
- Experience in the arts or cultural heritage sectors an asset
- CFRE or fundraising certificate an asset
- High level of organizational and planning skills
- Strategic assessment and planning of programs
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent time management and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small-team environment
To apply, send in one PDF document before November 30, 2020 the following:
- Cover letter and salary expectancy
- Detailed Curriculum vitae or resume
To Denis Longchamps, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment. Please note that only the
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.