VICE-PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Ingenium - Canada's Museums of Science and Innovation
Indeterminate / Full-time
Job Start Date
$125,800.00 - $147,900.00
As the Vice-President, Business Development, you will set the strategy and execution plan for all business development activities. You will lead and foster a team of energetic and motivated Business Development professionals to deliver the Corporation's sponsorship, membership, partnership and fundraising activities and projects so as to foster and achieve the integration and harmonization of development and marketing criteria and associated objectives, strategies, and all three museums and collections.
In this role, you will be responsible for initiating, conceiving, and directing the development, refinement, maintenance, and implementation of revenue generation initiatives, including corporate sponsorship, philanthropic fundraising, capital campaign programs, membership programs, commercial operations, facility rentals, food service and customer relations activities for the Canada Science and Technology Museum (CSTM), the Canada Aviation and Space Museum (CASM), and the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum (CAFM). Also, as the Executive Director of the Foundation you will lead the Manager and the Foundation staff.
- completion of bachelor’s degree in the related field is required;
- a Master’s degree is preferred;
- equivalencies will be considered.
- minimum of ten (10) years of previous experience in related progressive leadership roles;
- proven previous success in collaborating with multiple stakeholders with varying interests to reach
mutually beneficial outcomes;
- detailed experience in developing and executing negotiation strategy and positions with mutually
- strategic planner with demonstrated skill and success in business development;
- significant experience in all areas of the portfolio, with a knowledge of issues, trends and new
technologies in museums, science, technology, communication and policy.
- outstanding management expertise, the capacity to develop and lead strategic plans, and a demonstrated commitment to inclusive and diverse team-building, staff development and stakeholder management;
- broad knowledge and expertise of business development in sponsorships and partnerships to
provide an integrated and holistic approach to the three museums goals and objectives;
- in-depth knowledge of the principles, practices and methodologies of business development, promotions, marketing and commercial and retail sales;
- knowledge of leadership, coaching and mentoring practices in people management, strategic planning
and risk management, policy development, financial management and stakeholder relationship
- knowledge of issues and trends of cultural heritage, science, technology, museums, and broader public.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust messaging to all levels of
stakeholders and establish strong client/employee relationships;
- strategic thinker and agile problem solver, while simultaneously driving a rigorous, data-driven approach with strong quantitative/analytical skills to understanding the environment and driving for results;
- excellent public speaking skills in front of small or large groups;
- strong financial analysis skills coupled with strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight
- developer of people and teams.
- a self starter;
- a self-motivated learner that loves to be curious, to explore and you can quickly pick up
new concepts and ideas independently;
- a great team player;
- excited about the opportunity to work with diverse and inclusive teams to propose new
ideas and help bring their vision to life;
- have an established network and are an excellent relationship builder with internal and
All candidates must submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above. Indicate the reference number 2020/2021-INGENIUM-049 in your email's subject line, no later than the closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org