Assistant to the Executive Director
The Montreal Holocaust Museum is a unique institution in terms of its mandate and reach in Canada. Through the permanent exhibition, and a multitude of educational, cultural and commemorative initiatives, it informs and sensitizes people of all ages and all backgrounds about the Holocaust, as well as contemporary human rights issues.
The Museum seeks a full-time Assistant to the Executive Director. The person hired will be responsible for organizational and administrative support to the Executive Director and organization. He or she will act as a liaison with the Board, work with several committees, and will support staff. He or She will assist the Executive Director to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
• Manage fundraising campaigns, their events and related projects;
• Perform administrative and coordinating work in support of fundraising and programming development;
• Manage the DonorPerfect database;
• Develop relations with donors;
• Prepare correspondence and organize files;
• Participate in the preparation of reports and grant applications;
• Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings;
• Provide exceptional service to the various audiences served: Board of Directors, Museum team, donors, partners and suppliers;
• Support to the general management;
• Participate in and monitor certain committee meetings. Prepare the documentation and write the minutes;
• Support team members in IT, administrative services, logistics and event planning work.
• Relevant education (diploma);
• Bilingual with excellent oral and written communications skills in both languages;
• Basic knowledge of accounting;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and database software for grant management. Knowledge of DonorPerfect and Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
• Knowledge of the Jewish community (an asset).
• Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Sense of initiative and organization;
• Ability to work under pressure; resourcefulness;
• Strong ability to work in a team
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
before July 5, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact those selected for an interview.
Thank you for your understanding and consideration