Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the Officer, Visitor Experience, the incumbent greets, welcomes and provides the visitors with information and
explanations concerning the Museum’s Collection; demonstrates selected artifacts and equipment, delivers programs,
workshops and guided tours, based on predetermined scripts and additional relevant information. The Guide provides exhibit
security and participates in the provision of emergency security/fire safety services.
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have completed at least one year of post-secondary education in a relevant field or have an
acceptable combination of education, training, and experience, and are certified in First Aid and CPR.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- communicating information to the general public in a tourism or recreational setting;
- working with young children;
- customer service;
- Public speaking and/or drama experience is an asset. Relevant volunteer work is given full consideration.
- of public presentation techniques;
- of the fields of aviation and space;
- of effective customer service practices.
- to absorb large amounts of information;
- to work without continuous supervision;
- to work effectively in a team situation;
- to perform engaging demonstrations for various types of audiences;
- to communicate fluently in both official languages.
Empathetic to the needs of visitors
A high degree of initiative and judgement
Creative problem solver
Works well with both children and adults
* Please note the employment hours will vary according to availability, seniority and time of year. Casual employees are
expected to maintain their availability during peak periods including weekends, holiday programming and summer months.
During these peak periods there will be a greater number of shifts offered.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2019/2020-INGENIUM-053 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to:
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.