The Montreal Holocaust Museum educates people of all ages and backgrounds about the Holocaust, while sensitising the public to the universal perils of antisemitism, racism, hate and indifference. Through its Museum, its commemorative programs and educational initiatives, the Montreal Holocaust Museum promotes respect for diversity and the sanctity of human life.
Under the supervision of the Head of Education, the Education Coordinator will contribute to organizing, facilitating and supporting a program of educational activities for school audiences at the Museum, as well as contributing to teacher training and the promotion of our educational resources.
• Participate in the design, production and facilitation of mediation activities for school audiences, as well as contribute to the Museum’s other educational offerings (teacher training and pedagogical resources)
• Manage all workshop materials and the inventory of pedagogical tools
• Contribute to the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of volunteer guides and workshop facilitators
• Establish networks and participate in promoting the Museum’s educational offerings to school audiences in Quebec and Canada
• Provide administrative support to the Head of Education as needed
• University diploma in a relevant discipline (Bachelor’s degree in Education, History, Museology, etc.)
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in facilitation, education or training with school audiences (students, teachers, youth)
• At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in designing pedagogical content for education or cultural programming
• Experience in coordinating a team is an asset
• Knowledge of the Quebec Education Program and other provincial curriculums
• Familiarity with the history of the Holocaust, as well as issues surrounding antisemitism, racism and human rights
• Familiarity with the use of new technologies in education; strong computer and social media skills
• Flexible, creative and innovative
• Responsible and reliable, with advanced organizational and planning skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French
Permanent full-time position (Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and Sunday work)
Advantageous group insurance benefits and pension plan
Four weeks of annual vacation
All interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter by Wednesday July 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cite the job title in the subject of your message.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Montreal Holocaust Museum. Kindly note that we will only contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
The Montreal Holocaust Museum is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.