Reporting to Ingenium’s Retail Coordinator, the Senior Retail Salesperson plays a vital role in promoting the core values of
three museums and assists in the daily operations of Ingenium's retail locations. To be successful, the incumbent needs to
provide exceptional service to all customers and visitors, and build relationships with them. This position requires an energetic
individual ready to greet and approach customers in a real and authentic way; provide knowledge, information and assistance
to customers selecting merchandise ; perform point of sales transactions; ensure store is visually appealing contributing to
company standards through product presentation, replenishment, store housekeeping, store maintenance and visual displays;
observe all traffic to maintain security precautions. The incumbent is also required to monitor the work of sales staff and overall
store presentation, ensure monies are deposited, train and supervises floor staff, including ongoing training on the
Point-of-Sale system. Assist Ingenium’s Retail Coordinator when required. Maintain efficient inventory control. Drive and
support sales through product knowledge education to staff and customers, effective brand merchandising, and by supporting
Motivate all employees to be knowledgeable in areas of product, merchandising, operations, customer service, sales and
growth within the Corporation. Lead by example, and maintain regular and punctual attendance.
The standard weekly hours are: SWW 37.50 hrs (5 days Average Mon. - Sun.)
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have successful completed secondary school education.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- A minimum of two years retail experience, museum retail experience preferred;
- Previous experience in training and supervising employees is a must;
- Experience working with computerized Point of Sales System.
- Knowledge and keen interest in aviation;
- General knowledge of the mandate of the Corporation;
- Knowledge of the toy and gift industries;
- Knowledge of customer service standards and practices.
- Ability to communicate efficiently;
- Ability to perform various tasks , and meet deadlines;
- Ability to supervise employees with patience and leadership;
- Ability to remain calm during stressful periods.
Effective interpersonal relationships
Reliability, responsibility, sound judgement and initiative
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2019/2020-INGENIUM-050 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to:
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.