The intern will spend time working on projects for the National Gallery of the Cayman Islands (NGCI) and the Commonwealth Association of Museums.
For NGCI (75%) the intern will:
• support the review of all items in the National Collection under the guidance of the Collections and Exhibitions team;
• support the Collections and Exhibitions Department in completing the National Collection section on the NGCI website;
• support the development and installation of a new temporary exhibition;
• assist the Big Art auction and Annual Gala fundraisers; and
• assist the Director with work relating to MAC in order to develop an understanding of NGCI within the wider context of Caribbean museology.
For CAM (25%) the intern will:
• focus on planning a proposed Canada Caribbean Museum Exchange being developed as a collaboration between CAM and MAC;
• support planning towards the 2020 CAM Triennial Conference in Cape Town, South Africa, particularly in engaging participants from the Caribbean; and
• support CAM’s participation on a University of the West Indies (UWI) Steering Committee to develop collaborative strategies/international partnerships in Museum Studies
Please contact the Internship Coordinator Heather Fraser to receive a copy of the complete job profile firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Internship Coordinator Heather Fraser by July 15 email@example.com