Responsibilities of the Arts Administration Assistant will include:
• Exhibition sales, daily and weekly reconciliations and sales tracking
• Provide administrative exhibition support to the curator
• Managing communications with visitors
• Support and model excellent customer service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and organization to visitors in all forms of communication.
• Keep the exhibition site neat and welcoming.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for the arts, horticulture and the natural world but also has excellent sales skills and is eager to put their administrative talents to work within the backdrop of a living museum. This person should be motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team.
In addition, the successful candidate must:
• Be willing to work outdoors • Able to climb ladders, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms in any direction. • Able to move heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) and use basic tools • Skilled in handling of sculpture • Excellent sales skills • Excellent customer service
• Be fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills,
• Tech savvy
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and problem solve
• Have basic proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite,
• Be patient, flexible, positive and take direction well
A driver’s license and occasional access to a car is an asset.
This is a Canadian Heritage YCW supported position for full-time students who are intending to return to full-time studies in the next semester.You are eligible if you:
are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
are legally entitled to work in Canada,
are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment,
are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory,
are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment,
do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW,
have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job,
have finished the school term at the start of employment,
and intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Application Procedure: Applications will only be considered if they include the following information in the cover letter:
1. Confirmation that you satisfy all of the YCW eligibility requirements listed above, including your intention to return to full time studies in the fall.
2. Confirmation that you are registered, or intend to register, in the online Young Canada Works Candidates inventory.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter as one PDF file
Committed to employment equity, the Toronto Botanical Garden encourages applications from Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. Please note that only applicants entered on the Young Canada Works candidate inventory can be considered. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.