Position: Digitization Technician
Location: Ireland House Museum, Burlington ON
Start and End Dates: May 27 – August 16, 2019
Wage: 35 hours/week, $14.50/hour
Positions Available: 1
The Museums of Burlington are currently hiring a Digitization Technician to join the Curatorial team. The Digitization Technician’s primary duties will be to inventory, digitize, re-house and input artifact information into the collection management database.
The successful candidate will:
- Complete inventories on the backlog portions of the museums artifact collection.
- Participate in the museums preventive conservation program through handling and re-housing portions of the collection.
- Digitize artifacts in the museums artifact collection.
- Use the collection management system Past Perfect to update and upload images and information to create a complete electronic records for artifacts.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program with an emphasis on museum studies, records management, conservation, archives and/or history.
- Must be computer literate, with a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with database applications would be an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with artifact handling would be an asset.
- Candidates must provide proof of enrollment in a college or university program in order to be eligible through Young Canada Works.
- The Museums of Burlington is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: May 6, 2019
Applications can be submitted to:
Kimberly Watson, Curator
Ireland House Museum
2168 Guelph Line