Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the main role of the incumbent is to act as the SPOC (Single point of Contact) for incoming operational requests via phone, e-mail and walk-in's. Assist in day to day operations such as manage & monitor the helpdesk ticketing systems including assignments, approvals, dispatch, escalations, and closing of requests. This will include AV and Interactive floor call triage.
The standard weekly hours are: SWW 37.50 Hrs (5 days consecutive Mon. - Fri.)
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have successfully completed a post secondary education. A Diploma in IT/IM is preferred.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- a minimum of five (5) yrs working in a customer service environment;
- a minimum of three (3) yrs experience in IT environment or related field highly desirable.
- basic computer and operating system knowledge;
- basic knowledge and training related to telecommunications;
- basic understanding of information security principles;
- technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately;
- understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services;
- interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care;
- service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided;
- to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details;
- to perform under pressure by being able to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- to work in a fast moving environment.
Effective interpersonal relationships.
Self motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Adaptability to varying work conditions.
Reliability and responsibility.
Initiative and judgement.
Effective team player.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the reference number 2019/2020-INGENIUM-022 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.