Reporting to the Conservation Manager, undertakes the preventive conservation and treatment of artifacts in Ingenium's permanent collection (specifically the Canada Aviation and Space Museum). The incumbent is also responsible for the safe movement and packing of artifacts.
The standard weekly hours are: SWW 37.50 Hrs (5 days consecutive Mon. - Fri.)
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have successfully graduated from a University or Community College program in Conservation.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- a minimum of five (5) years of experience directly related to the conservation of scientific, technological, agricultural and aviation artifacts;
- minimum of two (2) years of experience preparing artifacts for exhibition.
- of conservation techniques and practices;
- of artifact exhibition best practices;
- of the physical and chemical properties and characteristics of a wide range of organic and inorganic materials;
- of the Code of Ethics and Guidance for Practice for professional Canadian conservators;
- of sources of conservation and technical information;
- of the operation of machinery and/or scientific and technical objects
- of Health and Safety Standards
- of museological principles and practices
- knowledge of and experience with computerized collection management systems
- of film and/or digital imagery.
- to develop and apply original or modified conservation techniques;
- to evaluate problems in the treatment of, and possible effect of treatment on artifacts;
- to maintain and operate a variety of machinery and equipment;
- to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
Time management skills
Innovative thinking and problem solving
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the reference number 2019/2020-INGENIUM-021 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to: email@example.com