Reporting to the Director, Facilities Services, the Facilities Clerk is responsible to receive, respond to and forward client requests for repairs and maintenance of all buildings and grounds owned or leased by the Corporation. As the central point of contact for all work overseen by the Facilities Services team, and, with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), the CS & SAC is required to prepare, issue and control: work orders; purchase orders; preventive maintenance activities; cost records; and, control the inventory of equipment, materials and supplies. The incumbent provides effective and efficient administrative support to the Facilities Services Division.
The standard weekly hours are: SWW 37.50 Hrs (5 days consecutive Mon. - Fri.)
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have successful completed secondary school or equivalent.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- in dealing with contractors and suppliers.
- in reading and interpreting contracts and lease agreements.
- in keeping financial records.
- in using sophisticated PC based software and applications including data bases and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of facilities, operations and maintenance, such as CMMS or similar systems.
- Inventory control and maintenance.
- Administrative aspects of purchasing supplies and services.
- Request for Proposal, contract letting and contract managing processes.
- To analyze problems and devise solutions.
- To organize work and meet deadlines.
- To control administrative processes and to solicit client feedback.
- To devise effective document storage and control mechanisms.
- To respond in a time sensitive situation with calm and professionalism.
Persuasiveness and strong interpersonal skills.
Personal organization, dependability and timeliness.
Thoroughness and strong customer service orientation.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the reference number 2018/2019-CSTMC-171 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org