• The Museum is seeking an Assistant Curator for the summer of 2019. The position is designed to provide the opportunity for a young person with an interest in curation to acquire hands-on experience with an extensive photographic archive and to develop confidence and skills to work independently as the placement comes to an end.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Curator will include:
• accessioning artefacts
• research related to historical photographs
• care & repair of artifacts
• creating exhibit plans
• developing interpretive text (ideally in both French and English) for temporary and permanent exhibits.
Applicants will ideally:
• Be a post-secondary student working towards a degree in Museum Studies, History, Tourism, Curatorial Studies, Visual Arts, or a related field.
• Be proficient in written and oral French and English
• Possess a high level of computer proficiency (some experience with PastPerfect or similar accessioning software)
• Possess a creative attitude, strong design skills
Please include a brief letter of introduction and a recent resume. Youth with a disability, Aboriginal youth, visible minorities and new Canadians are encouraged to apply. High school students are welcome to apply but priority will be given to those at post-secondary level.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 and can be sent via email to Peter Greyson at the Cobalt Mining Museum: email@example.com or via regular mail to:
Cobalt Mining Museum