Education and Programs Assistant
Hours: 35 hours/week – weekend and evening work required.
Wage: $14.00 / hour
Ruthven Park National Historic Site is seeking an Education and Programs Assistant for the 2019 summer season.
Reporting to the Education Coordinator, the duties of the successful candidate will include the following:
• Assist in the development of safe camp programming that makes use of Ruthven's unique historic and environmental location
• Run camp and school programs that encourage healthy child development and are sensitive to each participant's needs
• Help ensure that the site is ready each day for visiting public for aesthetics, safety and signage (signage out, pathways clear, historic gardens presentable)
• Provide support to Ruthven's Visitor Services team through delivering tours, light museum administration work, assisting with admissions, and other tasks as assigned
• Work independently as well as constructively, sharing tasks with fellow summer students
• Represent Ruthven at offsite education events
The successful candidate will be a university or college student who demonstrates the following qualities:
• Proven experience working/volunteering with children in a camp, museum, or school setting
• Enjoys working with children and the public
• Practices good problem-solving skills
• Current First Aid and CPR training
• Enjoys working both indoors and outdoors
• Able to work well in a team setting
This position would be ideal for a student studying one or more of the following fields:
• Education / Outdoor Education
• Environmental Studies
• Culture / History
• Hospitality / Tourism
Upon hiring, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a police record check.
Please note that this position is contingent upon the receipt of funding.
Apply with a resume and cover letter by Friday, April 26, 2019, at 5:00 pm by email to:
Michael Berry, Education Coordinator
Ruthven Park National Historic Site
243 Haldimand Highway 54, Box 610
Cayuga ON, N0A 1E0
Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in employment at Ruthven Park National Historic Site.