Tourism and Events Assistant
Hours: 35 hours/week – weekend and evening work required.
Wage: $14.00 / hour
Ruthven Park National Historic Site is seeking a Public Relations Assistant for the 2018 summer season.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the duties of the successful candidate will include the following:
• maintain, improve, and ultimately enhance Ruthven Park National Historic Site’s relationship with the public through the development and execution of public programming
• support special events execution; set up and tear down of events
• interpret the inside and outside of historic structures and the landscape grounds as needed
• assist with the overall management of the site’s facilities including interacting with Clients who make use of the site for social or business functions, participating in the upkeep of historic gardens, reporting on the condition of historic structures, and reporting on the experience of Clients who have made use of the site for social or business functions
• provide museum administration support to full-time staff as needed
• Greet visitors and assists with sales of tour tickets, gift shop sales, give an overview of the site map and the highlights of the site.
• market the site’s key features through a wide suite of media channels to fit the unique needs of the diverse populations that the site serves currently and wishes to serve in the future
• other tasks as assigned
• Utilize social media platforms; advertising and marketing for programs, events and outreach.
• Assist with monthly e-newsletters and membership program
The successful candidate will be a university or college student who demonstrates the following qualities:
• Works well in a team
• Sets goals
• Customer Service oriented
• Good interpersonal communication
• Strong work ethic
• Positive attitude
• Enjoys working outside and indoors
• Ability to work days, weekends and nights were needed
This position would be ideal for a student studying one or more of the following fields:
• Arts and culture administration
• Event planning
• Marketing and advertising
• Public relations
• Recreation and Leisure
Previous experience working in a museum or cultural institution and certification in first aid training are assets, but not required.
Upon hiring, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a police record check.
Please note that this position is contingent upon the receipt of funding.
Apply with a resume and cover letter by Friday, April 26, 2019 at 5:00pm by email to:
Kelly Cossar, Operations Coordinator
Ruthven Park National Historic Site
243 Haldimand Highway 54, Box 610
Cayuga ON, N0A 1E0
Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in employment at Ruthven Park National Historic Site.