Summer Employment Opportunity:
Visitor Services Assistant
Rate of pay: $13.85 / hour
Application deadline: April 29, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: Monday May 20, 2019
Duration of employment: 15 weeks (Conditional upon funding)
• The Museum at Campbell River welcomes over 28,000 visitors annually and sponsors community and school age heritage programs. This position will assist with meeting increased visitor and program demands and offer additional support for special events.
• To assist with all aspects of visitor services: reception desk, admission, registration for public programs, visitor statistics, patrolling galleries, and assisting with shop sales and inventory.
• Assists with general museum reception and visitor services, meets and greets the general public at the main entrance reception desk.
• Provides general information about the museum, exhibits and the community.
• Takes admission and public program fees using a Point of Sale system.
• Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members.
• Handles and balances cash and related paper entries.
• Assists with sales and inventory in the Museum Shop, under the direction of the Shop Manager.
• Assists with the promotion, registration and implementation of pubic programs.
• Relays accurate information about planned programs and events.
• Assists with statistics on visitor attendance.
• May assist with informal tours of the galleries to individuals and groups.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
• Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers.
• Must possess good communication skills.
• Broad general knowledge and interest in the community of Campbell River and region, particularly visitor services and attractions, would be an asset.
• Applicant must be a youth between the ages of 16 and 30.
Skills to be Enhanced or Developed on the Job:
• Will learn about all aspects of visitor/hospitality services through training and on the job experience.
• Training on basic to intermediate use of Microsoft Word, computerized point of sale system, office equipment.
• Will learn basic evaluation strategies and statistics gathering and reporting.
• Learn to work within a team staff environment, supported by enthusiastic professional staff.
Note: This position is conditional upon funding. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Tona.McMurran@crmuseum.ca.
Application deadline is April 29, 2019.