JOIN THE RENOWNED CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History (CMH) and the Canadian War Museum (CWM), Canada’s largest museum institution offer you a place to develop your career, while enjoying an inclusive, challenging and energizing work environment and the opportunity to accomplish meaningful work within an organization dedicated to preserving, promoting and exploring Canada’s rich history, current life in Canada and the cultural diversity of its people.
We are looking for a Special Events Officer!
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Developing and managing special events and exhibition openings for the CMH (including the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum) to ensure their success;
• Coordinating high level VIP tours of the CMH for dignitaries including Heads of State, foreign dignitaries and Canadian government officials;
• Coordinating travelling exhibition openings as required;
• Assessing resources to meet special events requirements;
• Creating and maintaining mailing lists for events.
What we are looking for:
A minimum of 3 years of experience in:
• Special events organization;
• Project management;
• Conference planning;
• Dealing with VIPs, Dignitaries;
• Developing partnerships with national and community organizations.
• Mandate and priorities of the CMH;
• Special event organization and coordination;
• Conference planning;
• Rules of protocol;
• Precedence of Canadian dignitaries and officials.
Education: A post-secondary degree in communications, public relations or event management
Core competencies: Information seeking; Client Focus; Organizational Awareness; Flexibility; Planning; Sense of Urgency; Action oriented; Teamwork and Cooperation.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted.
Compensation: $60,217 to $80,642
Status: Permanent Full-time Position (# 9967)
Location: 100, Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec
Language: CCC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their application, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
If you are a talented, driven and experienced Special Events Officer we would love to hear from you! Visit http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ and select “Current Job Opportunities.” Apply no later than October 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.