The Building Supervisor assists the WDM in achieving its public trust responsibilities by ensuring buildings, grounds and equipment are maintained to a high standard. The Building Supervisor is responsible for maintaining mechanical and structural standards throughout the Museum and making repairs when required. All activities are conducted to maximize efficiency and patron/staff/volunteer comfort and in accordance with museum standards.
1. Building Maintenance
• Ensure the Museum building is maintained through regular inspection and maintenance schedules.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the building’s boiler and mechanical systems.
• Troubleshoot issues with plumbing, lighting, heating, refrigeration and electrical systems.
• Initiate repairs as required. Undertake general upkeep of the building structure including, but not limited to, entry ways, paint, flooring, windows, doors, etc.
• Operate and maintain the Building Computer Control System and automated control equipment.
• Arrange for testing the WDM fire, sprinkler and security alarm systems.
• As required, assist with building maintenance needs for special events and rental functions.
2. Museum Grounds Maintenance
• Oversee the maintenance of museum grounds and assist when required including;
o Summer –maintenance of lawns, trees, parking lot, demonstration areas, drainage ditches, watering and water control of Boomtown grounds and park.
o Winter –snow removal around the building, parking lot, walkways, and fire exits.
o Address ground heaving, ice melt and flooding situations as required.
• Maintain all Museum vehicles including scheduling regular maintenance requirements, safety inspections and vehicle registration.
• Ensure all Museum equipment (forklift, aerial lift, and tractors, etc.) is in good operating condition. Oversee the maintenance of lawn care equipment, forklift, aerial lift, and tractors.
4. Museum Shops
• Oversee Volunteer shop activities and projects.
• Ensure the use of safety devices and protective equipment and procedures to minimize the frequency and severity of work-related accidents.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Observe safety and risk management procedures in public areas, work spaces, and in the operation of all equipment and supplies.
• Open and/or close the building including responding to after hour alarm calls.
• Maintaining accurate building and maintenance records.
• Maintain an inventory of museum building materials, tools/equipment, machinery, and ordering supplies as needed.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
Please send your application to:
Building Supervisor Selection Committee
Western Development Museum
2610 Lorne Avenue
Saskatoon, SK S7J 0S6