THE NEW BRUNSWICK MUSEUM - CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
4-year contract (renewable)
The New Brunswick Museum (NBM) is a unique cultural institution dedicated to collecting, preserving, researching, and interpreting material to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of New Brunswick provincially and globally. The Museum is at a very exciting time in its development.
We are seeking an outstanding fundraiser and project manager to join our Foundation in the role of Campaign Director. Reporting to the Chair of the Foundation Board and working closely with the New Brunswick Museum CEO, the Campaign Director will lead the strategic and tactical implementation of the Foundation’s upcoming capital campaign in support of the Museum, ensuring that the campaign is well-executed and successful. This role represents a tremendous opportunity to be part of the expansion and transformation of the New Brunswick Museum.
Reporting to the Chair of our Foundation Board, and working in close collaboration with the New Brunswick Museum CEO, the Campaign Director will:
- Lead the strategic and tactical implementation of the campaign strategy plan to ensure that the campaign is well-planned, well-executed, and on target;
- Oversee the campaign budget and financial tracking and reporting;
- Establish policies and procedures that reflect ethical fundraising practices;
- Represent the New Brunswick Museum Foundation externally as needed, with integrity in a professional, ethical, and accountable manner, and convey the case for the Museum at public events.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for obtaining donations from individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations;
- Draft program applications to various levels of government and assure follow through;
- Create materials and tools to support campaign fundraising activities, including research, proposals, presentations, briefing notes. and correspondence.
- Facilitate the prospect management process, including the identification and evaluation of prospects, their assignments and careful planning and monitoring progress in relationship development.
Campaign Volunteer Support
- Play a key role in the identification, cultivation, recruitment, training, and ongoing support of Campaign volunteers;
- Serve as the lead staff person supporting the Campaign Cabinet and other assigned campaign volunteers.
Collaboration & Coordination with NBM Colleagues
- Foster and support strong relationships between the Foundation and the NBM administrators and staff;
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to one or two direct reports.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The following experience and abilities are required:
- A demonstrated track record of success in building relationships and fundraising for major gifts from individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations;
- Experience with government funding programs and related application and assessment processes;
- Experience within a structured capital campaign framework is desirable;
- Excellent track record in supporting staff colleagues and volunteer involvement in major gifts fundraising efforts;
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities.
- Strong organization and project management skills;
- Previous experience in and knowledge of the museum environment would be desirable;
- Valid driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required.
The following operations requirements are required:
- Working on weekends / evenings;
- Travel throughout the Province.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Sylvie Battisti, Vice President, Search and Talent Management by email at NBM@kciphilanthropy.com.
Please send resume and letter of interest to the email listed above by October 1, 2018.