support services to the Chief Operating Officer and the Board of Trustees.
The incumbent has a firm understanding of office administration, utilizing the appropriate technology supporting an efficient office and communication function as well as coordinating the various administrative activities of the Chief Operating Officer’s office including conducting special projects as required from time to time.
The Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer is responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet compliance requirements and to enable authorizations persons to determine when, how and by whom the board’s business was conducted. To fulfill these responsibilities the successful incumbent must record minutes of meetings, ensure the appropriate review, accuracy and availability, submits various reports, maintains membership records and performs other duties as the need arises. The successful incumbent must be detailed oriented, understand the duties of confidentiality as well as have a big picture perspective of the organization.
• Assists in the organization and management of the Chief Operating Officer’s appointment calendar to optimize work schedules, meetings, project planning, delivery commitments and productivity.
• Provides administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer including compiling information for reports from a variety of internal and external sources; undertaking research to locate information, summarizing material and recommending follow-up action; coordinating reports and presentations involving the solicitation of information and follow-up on responses.
• Provides secretarial support including filing; coordinating and prioritizing incoming mail; drafting letters and handling all correspondences; coordinating meetings and small events and coordinating and prioritizes mail.
• Devises new clerical and information systems and procedures to facilitate workflow and ensure efficient and responsive interdivisional work procedures and systems within the organization.
• Prepares agenda for the Board of Trustees and related committees; coordinates the assembly and distribution of pre-meeting packages; coordinates meetings and board related events; take meeting minutes; prepares meeting minutes; and manages the approval process as set out.
• Provides advice and/or information regarding the Bylaws governing the Board; coordinates the nominating procedures and maintains the Divisional and Board files as well as research and provide any background or support information to Board or committee chairpersons.
• Responds to and redirects inquiries from and acts as a resource to Gallery staff and external sources and identifies, defines and resolves problems as appropriate.
• Assists with the administrative functions involved in preparing and maintaining budget information.
• Provides administrative support regarding labour relations matters and during the Collective Bargaining process.
• Coordinates Chief Operating Officer’s travel arrangements including local transportation, confirmation of air and hotel reservations, preparation and distribution of itineraries.
Please send your resume, in confidence, by Friday, September 21, 2018 to the Director of Human Resources, Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2H7, Fax: (604) 682-1086 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Vancouver Art Gallery is committed to inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility in
reflecting and respecting the local and international community it serves.