Posting Closing Date: August 13, 2018 at 4:30pm
Estimated Start Date: September 4, 2018
Salary Range/Effective Date: $48,753 – $60,941 per year (October 1, 2017)
The Visitor Experience/Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the museum operations that directly touch the visiting public, and to drive admissions, sales and rental revenues. This includes the organizational and operational/logistical aspects of seasonal staff coordination and scheduling; the retail operations of Lang Pioneer Village; and the organizational and logistical aspects of educational programs. In addition, this position assists with community out-reach programs and facility rentals. Reporting to the Assistant Manager, this position provides day-to-day supervision of seasonal staff and is required to work unusual hours during the busy summer season and for special events.
For a complete job description, please refer to the posting available on our website at www.ptbocounty.ca.
• Two (2) year college diploma in administration or museum management; or equivalent.
• Some retail experience preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the educational process is an asset
• Demonstrated problem solving, customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient using MS Office software
• In accordance with County policy, this position requires that you provide a Vulnerable Sector Check that is acceptable to the County as a condition of employment
The County of Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries should be directed to Human Resources.
While we appreciate all applications, only those who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply: Applications will be treated in confidence and should be submitted through our website at www.ptbocounty.ca no later than August 13, 2018 at 12:00pm (noon).