Under the supervision of the Manager, Museum & Archives, the Marketing & Events Coordinator will be responsible for community engagement with Lambton Heritage Museum, Oil Museum of Canada and Lambton County Archives. The incumbent shall work in conjunction with the Manager, Museums & Archives, as well as the respective site supervisors, to ensure that the Museum Department meets its objectives with respect to event development and coordination, marketing, social media and online content development and outreach activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Event Development and Execution:
• Responsible for the development and implementation of large scale Museum events, both at the Museum sites, as well as outreach locations throughout the community.
• Undertake research related to events and demographics, and propose such events to Manager, Museums & Archives, as well as the appropriate site supervisor with business case and implementation plan
• Review all events upon completion to measure success and evaluate return on investment of time and resources to inform decision making and to adjust upcoming events appropriately
• Prepare written and oral reports and presentations as necessary
• Responsible for working on evenings and weekends as required
Marketing and Online Services:
• Responsible for the development of museum and archives promotional materials, including development of branding for exhibits, graphic design and layout of ads, both in print and online
• Responsible for marketing and public relations initiatives related to the online presence of the Department through social media channels and the maintenance of online content for the Department.
• Maintenance and updating of Museum website utilizing content developed both strictly as marketing content, as well as Curatorial content supplied by Curator/Supervisor for virtual exhibits.
• Work in collaboration with the Curator/Supervisors and Archivist to promote exhibits, programs and activities at Lambton Heritage Museum, the Oil Museum of Canada and Lambton County Archives
• Represent the Museums at various community events and outreach opportunities. This includes working with Curatorial staff for the necessary planning and design work to develop these exhibits, preparing interpretive signage that will provide relevance to the items on display
• Representing the Museum within the community as a liaison with different community groups, key stakeholders and community representatives.
• Enhance access, visibility and awareness of the Museums and Archives through event coordination, the development of promotional materials, and active involvement in community outreach events
• Incumbents must keep up-to-date on all relevant legislation, collective bargaining agreements, County Policies and Procedures, etc. ensuring that these are implemented as prescribed
• Incumbents must possess the physical ability to meet the duties and responsibilities of the job description and/or the requirements identified within the position's Physical Demands Analysis
These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Supervision: None
Indirect Supervision: None
Functional Authority: None
Minimum Formal Education:
• Post secondary education in Marketing or Event planning, or equivalent on the job experience
• 1 year previous experience marketing Museum or Cultural Programs and events.
• 1 year previous experience planning and executing successful community events.
• Demonstrated experience in graphic design
• Demonstrated experience in HTML and CSS programming for maintenance of Museum website
Please submit a resume and cover letter for Job# J0718-0031 on our website.