Reception/Visitor Engagement Clerk, Oil Museum of Canada
Under the supervision of the Curator/Supervisor, Oil Museum of Canada, the Reception/Visitor Engagement Clerk oversees office and front end responsibilities including visitor services, accounting support, coordination of the membership program, and bookings of Museum facilities for programs, events and meetings.
The County of Lambton is an urban-rural area in southwestern Ontario that is home to over 126,000 residents. The Corporation's seven divisions operate programs and services for the residents of Lambton County such as land ambulance, provincial offences court, three Long-Term Care Homes, 26 library branches, two museums, an art gallery, archives, local roadways, public health services, housing services, social services, building services and planning and development services. Lambton County is a community dedicated to economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative efforts with its municipal and community partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Retail & Visitor Services:
• Greet public, process admission payments, and direct tourists to local attractions
• Oversee retail components of Museum, including inventory ordering, merchandising and security.
• Manage Point of Sale system, overseeing daily cash out procedures and financial management
• Train staff on front desk procedures and operations, including appropriate cash handling procedures and security
• Act as point person for all issues regarding front end services, take steps to correct problems and use good judgement to communicate issues to supervisor.
Membership & Volunteer Programs:
• Oversee and organize the membership and volunteer programs.
• Ensure renewal notices are sent to members
• Update membership program offerings as directed
• Ensure membership and volunteer information is up to date and accurate
• Oversee electronic and physical mail out of membership materials including, invitations and renewal notices, as well as volunteer communications.
Administrative Office Support:
• General accounting support include creation of PO's, receiving of goods, prepare accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Coordinate bookings of museum facilities for school programs, meetings etc
• Place orders for office and building supplies as requested.
• Create invoices for services rendered by the Museum
• Coordinate issuance of tax receipts for donations to Museum
• Financial tracking and reporting as required
• Prepare packages for mail out to members, community groups, special interest organizations
• Incumbents must keep up-to-date on all relevant legislation, collective bargaining agreements, County Policies and Procedures, etc. ensuring that these are implemented as prescribed
• Incumbents must possess the physical ability to meet the duties and responsibilities of the job description and/or the requirements identified within the position's Physical Demands Analysis
These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Supervision: None
Indirect Supervision: None
Functional Authority: None
Minimum Formal Education:
• Post secondary education in office administration or equivalent on the job experience
• 1 year previous experience working in an office or retail setting.
Hours of work
April to October: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
November to March: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Please submit a resume and cover letter for Job# J0718-0034 on our website.