Axiell ALM is the world’s largest vendor of museum management software, serving over 3,000 customers in over 30 countries.
From Natural History collections to Film Archives, our customers provide services that shape democracy, culture, literacy and education. We have made it our business to lead the digitisation of these services, making them more accessible and attractive to their consumers. We are a technology business, but our business is not just about technology. We believe in making a difference and building strong, long lasting partnerships with our customers.
We are currently seeking a Customer Development Director – Collections Management to partner with new and existing customers in North America. You will be required to strengthen existing customer relationships and identify and foster compelling relationships with new customers. As a proven relationship builder, you will ideally have deep knowledge of the cultural and heritage sector which you will use to understand how our solutions can help our customers. Customer interactions will form a significant part of the role and these interactions will act as a platform for cultivating business development opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing a team of 3-4 Customer Development Consultants to drive revenue growth
• Taking a lead role with new business opportunities and the tender process
• Building and managing customer relationships at a senior level to achieve account growth
• Evaluating customer needs and proposing solutions / products
• Contract negotiations with new customers
• Accountability for budget/P&L growth, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction
• Acting as an Axiell ambassador at tradeshows and other sector events
• Active participation as a member of the regional management team
• Providing regular feedback to R&D on new and existing products
• Perform other duties and special projects as and when required
To qualify for this role… you will need:
• A post-secondary education in a relevant degree or diploma
• Previous experience of managing a budget/P&L in a leadership role
• Demonstratable success in negotiating and managing commercial relationships
• Considerable experience of working with archives, libraries or museums
• A strong background in natural history or museum collection management
• An in-depth knowledge of contemporary and upcoming issues effecting the cultural sector
• A consultative approach and ability to confidently explore business generation opportunities with customers
• An ability to confidently present at senior and executive levels
• Strong previous team management experience
• A willingness to travel to meet with customers throughout North America
Substantial training in the use of our software, products and technology will be provided.
To apply, please send us your up-to-date resume and covering letter explaining why you’re interested in the position and your salary expectations.
Axiell is an employer committed to the principles of employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity.