Lord Cultural Resources (www.lord.ca) is the world’s leading global professional practice dedicated to creating cultural capital worldwide.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Project Accountant based in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Project Accountant works collaboratively with accounting, administrative and consulting teams in managing the accounting for assigned projects. The Project Accountant contributes to and ensures the completion of a diverse range of accounting duties including general accounting, reporting, cash management, payables/receivables management, and expense management using Deltek Vision ERP system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Set-up projects in Deltek Vision in consultation with project managers;
* Set-up project invoicing/ cost schedules based on client and subcontractor contracts;
* Conduct monthly interviews with project managers to monitor project progress for billing purposes and update reports as necessary;
* Process project billings in consultation with project managers;
* Post project expenses and subcontractor invoices for assigned projects;
* Follow up on overdue project invoices, when necessary, in consultation with project managers;
* Quarter-end project revenue recognition and costing analysis;
* Develop and compile financial analysis and reports for the project managers, as needed;
* Project P&L reports during and upon completion of project, closing and archiving the project files.
* Work with the accounting team to reconcile employee accounts, out-of-pocket expenses, company credit card statements, expense reports, bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivables;
* Support CFO in completion of quarter-end and year-end reports;
* Support the accounting team in preparing year-end schedules and reports for the annual review;
* Assist the CFO in generating ad-hoc reports from time to time;
* Other accounting tasks as needed.
* Prepare project analysis and profitability reports for the Management Committee, when required;
* Maintain monthly billing forecast;
* Other reports as needed.
* Administrative tasks such as responding to information requests, assistance in planning and execution of office events, and completion of timesheets.
* Professional development that will further your personal knowledge and credibility;
* Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, committed and adaptable team player. You must be detail oriented, organized, and quality conscious, have impeccable time and project management skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm in museums, culture, and the arts. Other key qualifications include:
* Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business field or related discipline and/or equivalent applicable experience;
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in General Accounting with at least 3 years working independently with project accounting in a professional services related business;
* Proficiency working with Deltek Vision or similar project accounting ERP system;
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in bookkeeping;
* Understanding of financial statements and chart of accounts set up;
* Experience with accounts reconciliation and analysis and working with multiple currencies;
* Proven previous experience in customer service;
* Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills (additional languages an asset);
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), including advanced experience using MS Excel;
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
* Ability to create great working relationships at all levels within the company;
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
If you are an exceptional individual and enjoy and excel working in a fast-paced environment that combines independent focus and collaboration please forward your cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – Project Accountant”.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Posting will remain active until position is filled.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce.