Are you looking for an inspirational opportunity? Do you have a passion for the Arts and the business acumen to manage a local non-profit organization? Looking to be hands on, active, and engaged within the community? The Port Moody Arts Centre Society is looking for a Managing Director to help us support our vibrant artist community.
Housed in the historic Old City Hall and Appleyard House buildings in the heart of Port Moody, the Port Moody Arts Centre is a diverse gathering place for artists and the community to connect with each other and the public. In addition to being the home of a contemporary art gallery, the Arts Centre offers more than 380 art classes annually for people of all ages and experiences to explore their creativity, and hosts several celebrated community events.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, you will be our advocate and responsible for all aspects of the Arts Centre management, from delegating daily operations to strategic planning and fostering volunteer, sponsorship, and community relations.
Daily you will:
Inspire – by bringing a dynamic vision and leadership to our team to provide excellence in arts and community programming.
Manage – by effectively overseeing HR, governance, operations, fiscal resources, marketing, and fundraising activities.
Engage – by building relationships with staff, volunteers, funders, and the board for strategic goal achievement.
Comply – by consistently developing and implementing policies and procedures in support of our mission.
Cultivate – a culture of inclusiveness by connecting and celebrating the community, gallery, artists, volunteers, and sponsors through the arts.
Sustain – plan and execute innovative initiatives to grow our volunteer and membership base in the short-term, as well as sustain the Art Centre’s long-term success.
You bring with you:
• 5+ years’ experience in a senior management role
• Operational experience with HR, finance, governance, budgeting, and strategic planning
• A proven track record with fundraising and/or confidence with grant writing
• Transparent, natural leadership skills with the ability to inspire and foster teamwork
• An exceptional administrative, communication, and organizational skill set
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and payroll processing
• An understanding of arts-related issues and community programming
• Experience with a non-profit organization and understanding of regulatory frameworks
We will provide you:
• A creative, safe, inclusive place to work and an amazingly dedicated team of staff, artists, instructors, and volunteers with whom to collaborate
• Compensation of $60,000+ with bonus potential commensurate with your education and experience
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Ongoing professional and personal development
This full-time permanent position requires the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required for gallery and special events.
How to Apply
If this role sounds interesting and you have the skills necessary to be successful, we are looking to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to Valerie Simons, President at email@example.com by June 30, 2018.
The Port Moody Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability.
Thank you to all those that apply; however; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.