The Manitoba Agricultural Museum located at Austin, Manitoba requires the services of a permanent full time accountant. The incumbent will be responsible for all phases of the accounting cycle from accounts receivable, accounts payable, general journal entries through to trial balance and the production of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports. This is an exciting position as it will also entail administrative support for the museum as well as serving as the Administrative Co-ordinator for the annual Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion and Stampede. Hours are 8:00 to 4:30.
• Post-secondary education and/or a combination of training and experience in the field of bookkeeping/accountancy.
• Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Experience with general clerical procedures.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Outstanding customer service skills and a desire to assist others.
• Experience in bookkeeping and basic accounting skills.
• Class 5 drivers license
• Knowledge of Agriculture processes and machinery considered an asset.
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization.
• Bilingual in French and English considered an asset.
• Previous event planning experience would be an asset.
• Some flexibility of hours may be needed.
• Some overtime may be required surrounding the annual Threshermen’s Reunion
Applicants should send a resume, expected salary, cover letter and two references outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Angie Klym at email@example.com by June 27th, 2018. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.