Summary of Duties:
Reporting to Ingenium’s Retail Coordinator, the Salesperson plays a vital role in promoting the core values of three museums.
To be successful, the incumbent needs to provide exceptional service to all customers and visitors, and build relationships with
them. This position requires an energetic individual ready to greet and approach customers in a real and authentic way;
provide knowledge, information and assistance to customers selecting merchandise ; perform point of sales transactions;
ensure store is visually appealing contributing to company standards through product presentation, replenishment, store
housekeeping, store maintenance and visual displays; observe all traffic to maintain security precautions. Other duties as
The standard weekly hours are:
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you are a high School graduate or equivalent preferred.
You also have experience in the following areas:
- One year of experience in customer service, retail industry preferred
Security Requirement: Enhanced reliability
- Knowledge of toy and gift industries;
- Strong working knowledge of Point-of-sale systems has how to perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately;
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and colleagues and the
ability to use that to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins,
clothing, tables, displays, etc.) for a short distance;
- Ability to recognize and execute selling opportunities;
- Ability and willingness to run a cash register;
- Good communication and organizational skills;
- Actively work with products, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, displaying and merchandising, to
maximize selling opportunities;
- Perform point of sales transactions, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts and pack merchandise;
- Unload deliveries, receive, open and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security and price tags;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage time and prioritize;
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
sensitivity to clients needs
excellent communication skills
A strong interest in science and technology would be a valued asset.
** The purpose of this job posting is to create an "active résumé bank" of potential candidates. Please note that
eligible candidates may be called for an interview, at any time, between the posting date and the closing date.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2018/2019-CSTMC-052 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to:
Posting Date: May 18, 2018
Closing Date: June 30, 2018