Assistant Curator (Summer-Student Position)
$11.00 plus Vacation pay
May 28 to August 31, 2018 (13 weeks)
Admiral Digby Library & Historical Society / Admiral Digby Museum
Eligible candidates must be a current student intending to return to school in the fall. A letter of intent from a recognized University or Community College is required for post-secondary students and High School graduates.
• Interpretation & Organizational Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Some Research Skills
• Computer Skills
• Works well with others & takes directions well
• CPR/First Aid
• Personable and Professionalism Skills
• Public Relations Skills (including Organization Skills, Phone Communication, Time & Task Management)
• Interpret accurate and engaging historical information while conducting guided tours to visitors
• Assist with collections database entries
• Assist in artefact acquisitions
• Assist in creating, maintaining, and modifying new and current exhibits
• Assist with annual summer festivals
• Monitor visitors' activities in order to ensure compliance with the Museum's regulations and safety practices
• Assist with gift shop sales and inventory.
• Communicate the history, method and options with the museum’s visitors.
• Communicate with museum visitors the donation opportunities and membership opportunities.
• Interpret to museum visitors the function and importance of local history.
• Be engaging and create excitement about local history and summer programs.
• Assist with annual summer festivals (may require costumes & acting).
• Assist with outreach programs, projects & activities, to strengthen museum attendance
• Assist with gift Shop sales, inventory and display.
• Data entry into Collections database: which includes external provincial collections.
• Assist in Museum Acquisitions
HEALTH & SAFETY PRACTICES
Proper Health & Safety practices as covered in our in-house training session. We also review the “Are You in Danger” brochure. Copies of this brochure are handed out at our training session.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
The Admiral Digby Museum will consider all eligible and qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Aboriginal status, nationality, age, or any other factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process will also be available upon request.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply in person, please visit us at 95 Montague Row, Digby, Nova Scotia, B0V 1A0