The Hangar Flight Museum is seeking qualified applicants for a Weekend Museum Guest Services Representative position. The successful candidate will be an outgoing, people-oriented individual who enjoys working with people of all ages in a cultural setting.
• Provide high level of customer service and meaningful experience for all visitors by interacting with guests as they arrive, providing orientation to the museum, and being available for questions and casual conversation throughout their visit.
• Assists with general museum reception and visitor services, meets and greets the general public at the main entrance reception desk.
• Provides general information about the museum, exhibits and the community to all visitors, including tourists, and those new to the city.
• Takes admission and program fees using a Point of Sale system.
• Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members.
• Assists with sales and inventory in the Museum Shop.
• Assisting meeting groups and facility rentals, ensuring the room is setup to their satisfaction
Skills and Experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work within a small team environment, and with minimal supervision
• Ability to present before large and small audiences of all ages and backgrounds
• Ability to exercise good judgment, critical problem solving and initiative
• Ability to adapt and thrive in an ever-changing environment
• Proficiency in English with additional language an asset
• Minimum 1 year of customer service experience, preferably in a culture setting
• High School Diploma
• Ability to works weekends and holidays
• Ability to stand for long period of time
• Ability to lift up to 10 kilograms
• Criminal Record Check
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume by mail, email, or hand deliver to:
The Hangar Flight Museum
4629 McCall Way NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8A5
Phone: 403-250-3752 x 101
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.