The Marketing and Communications Manager seeks to hire one student to assist with the following digital marketing initiatives and events for Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame from May 14-August 31, 2018. Students will assist in planning two major fundraising events, the 2018 #InspireCanada Gala from May-June and the 2018 Induction Celebrations in August, and helping to develop a new summer digital initiative from July to August 2018.
• Assist in creating a Digital Marketing Plan.
• Develop a digital strategy and content calendar for a new campaign “Honoured Member Moments” to distribute videos on all social media platforms and sportshall.ca from June through September 2018.
• Draft and update social media and website content related to the new campaign.
• Report on social media and website analytics throughout campaign.
• Draft and electronically distribute communication materials to partners, supporters and stakeholders related to the new campaign.
• Using InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator and ConstantContact to create marketing and communication materials to help promote this campaign.
• Liaise with videographer to identify interviewees (girls, parents, Honoured Members) to interview for Girls in Sport Social media campaign.
• Attend regular meetings with the Manager, Marketing & Communications to ensure that the work plan developed meets the guidelines for the social media project.
• Assist with communications regarding event logistics - WinSport/Evolution/Entertainment
• Assist with registration and ticketing functions:
o Work with ticket provider (as with the Induction Celebrations) in maintaining a database and coordinating with the designer regarding details (once agreement is signed)
o Work with software program to ensure registration complete and tickets distributed
o Respond to queries regarding the event
o Prepare tent-cards and assist in table seating plan
o Prepare registration lists & registration table for check in.
Canada's Sports Hall of Fame Induction Celebrations:
• Assist in table sales.
• Process invoices as tables/sponsorships are sold. Ensure contact is made with accounting departments of organizations.
*Position is subject to funding approval
• Assist with venue-related details and logistics - catering/media conference AV planning/talent management/communications.
• Assist with preliminary registration and ticketing functions:
• Work with ticket provider in maintaining a database and coordinating with the designer regarding details of ticket content and design.
Interviews will be conducted by the Manager of Marketing and Communications during the week of April 23-27 and April 30-May 4. A maximum of six candidates will be interviewed.
• Students must be attending a post-secondary program full-time and returning to school full-time for the Fall of 2018 semester.
• Preference will be given to marketing and communications students.
• Good interpersonal skills and computer knowledge using MS Office is required.
• Knowledge of InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop is an asset.
• Students will be required to provide or obtain a valid vulnerable sector police check.
Job Equity: Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. As an employer Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates within the scope of each job opening. Applications are welcomed from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal people.
Submit your resume and cover letter by April 20th in one document to:
Marina Montgomery Marketing and Communications Manager
Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame
169 Canada Olympic Rd SW
Calgary, AB T3B 6B7
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org